§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below we will inform you about the collection of personal data when you use our website or make enquiries by email or by using our contact form. Personal data is all data which relates to you personally, including, for example, your name, address, email addresses and user behaviour.
(2) The controller as defined by article 4, paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Lightnet GmbH, Zollstockgürtel 63, 50969 Cologne, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org (also see our ‘About Us’ section). You can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com or by sending a letter to our mailing address with the additional reference ‘Attn: data protection officer’.
(3) When you contact us by email or by our contact form, the data you provide us (gender-specific form of address, name, company, your email address and your telephone number) will be saved so that we can answer your enquiries and provide you with our services. We will delete the data provided in this context once it is no longer required or we will limit its use in the event we are legally required to retain this information. When you send enquiries to our sales department, we will share the data in your email or in the contact form as well as your enquiry with our local distribution partners so that we can offer you our complete sales service. Naturally, our sales partners must also comply with applicable data protection regulations. The legal basis for saving this data is article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the event data is transferred.
(4) If we commission service providers, such as shipping companies, for executing individual actions related to our offer, it may be necessary to transmit your data to these service providers.
(5) Before we inform you about our offers and our new products or services by email, we will obtain your explicit consent to use your data in accordance with article 6, paragraph 1, letter a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can rescind your consent at any time by going to the link in our newsletter for example.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights regarding our use of your personal data:
– Right to obtain information
– Right to rectify or erase your information
– Right to restrict the processing of your information
– Right to object to the processing of your information
– Right to data portability
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint at a data protection regulatory authority about the processing of your data by us.
§ 3 The collection of personal data by Google Analytics when you visit our website
(1) When you use our website for merely informative purposes, i.e. you do not register with us or send information to us by other means, we will collect only your personal data with the help of Google Analytics which is transmitted from your browser to our server. If you want to view our website, we will collect the following data which is required for technical reasons in order to display our website and to guarantee stability and security (The legal basis is article 6, paragraph 1, p.1, letter f) of the (GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of your enquiry
– Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (concrete page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Volume of data transferred in each case
– Website where the request comes from
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the data mentioned previously, our website cookies will be saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files, which are saved on your the hard drive by the browser you are using. These cookies enable us to recognise your device and the browser you are using for example. We can optimise our offer for you on the basis of this information. Cookies do not run any programmes or transmit any viruses to your computer. They only serve to make the internet service more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies will be automatically deleted when you close your browser. These cookies include session cookies in particular. They save a so-called Session ID, which allow the various web browser requests that are made during the entire session to be directed properly. These cookies enable us to recognise your computer again when you come back to our website. These session cookies will be deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined time period, which can vary according to the type of cookie being used. You can delete cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the Google Maps service on our website. This service enables us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and makes it possible for you to use the map function comfortably.
(2) When you visit the website, Google will receive information that you have gone to the corresponding sub-page on our website. Additionally, the information mentioned under section 3 in this notice will be transferred. This will take place regardless of whether or not Google provides a user account that you are logged into or whether or not a user account exists. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned to your account. If you do not want to be assigned to your Google profile, we recommend that you log-out of Google before you use the corresponding button on our website. Google saves your data as a user profile and uses it for advertising purposes, market research purposes and/or for designing its website based on users’ needs. This type of analysis is carried out (even for users who are not logged-in) in particular to provide tailor-made ads and to inform other users of the social media network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of a user profile, but you must contact Google directly to exercise this right.
(3)You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and data processing by the plug-in provider in the provider’s data protection notices. There you will also receive more information about your rights in this respect and the setting options available for protecting your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).